• Our History

  • 1

 

 

1954

Company founded as Säureschutz Rhein Ruhr by Senator Hubert Salmen, focusing on corrosion protection against aggressive/corrosive mediums. Experiments with phenolic resins proved their excellent resistance against acidic mediums. An alternative for expensive alloys was discovered.

 

 

1950-1960

Establishing business relations with the first licensees abroad in Austria and the United Kingdom. Since then the international licensee networks have continued to grow.

 

 

1963

Company renamed SÄKAPHEN® by the owner. SÄKAPHEN® is the abbreviation for SÄ = SÄURE (acid), KA = alkalisch (alkaline), PH = pH-Wert (pH value), (PH)EN = phenol.

 

 

1965

Development of the SÄKAPHEN® cleaning system for high voltage insulators. First customer was the VEW Dortmund, a local energy supplier.

 

 

1969

SÄKAPHEN® purchased by Babcock Borsig. Babock Borsig was a close neighbour of SÄKAPHEN® in Gladbeck and also a good customer of the company, so Senator Salmen felt he had found a suitable successor to lead the company on to further development and success.

 

1975

SÄKAPHEN® sold to the Fischer-Zernin family and other share holders. Dr. Lars Fischer-Zernin, former managing director of Borsig in Berlin recognized the great potential of SÄKAPHEN® . A systematic expansion in the field of application methods was achieved through targeted research and development. Since 1990 the Fischer-Zernin family has been the sole owner of SÄKAPHEN®.

 

since 2009

Continuation of SÄKAPHEN® by the 2nd and 3rd generation of the Fischer-Zernin family including further development of coating materials and systematic development of the international licensee network.

 

2012

New cooperation in Norway and Malaysia. Opening of a licensed application workshop in India.

2013

Re-opening of the application work shop in Gladbeck.